Selling a home takes a great deal of planning and foresight. You want to do things right since homes are a huge asset. If you’re in the process of selling your home or even thinking about the process, the checklist below will help.
Six Months Prior to a Sale
When selling is on the brain and you’re serious about it, starting the preparation process early is essential. Follow the steps below to get things rolling:
- Choose a listing date – Select a date that helps minimize time on the market while maximizing profits.
- Look at the market – See what similar neighborhood homes are being sold for.
- Check the condition of the property – Determine the condition of the home and what repairs are needed.
- Think about working with an agent – Decide if you need an agent and get them working for you early.
Two Months Before the Sale
Around two months before you list your home, some of the things you planned earlier can start being put into place. This will give you a good start on being ready when the property is marketed.
- Handle repairs – Deal with any major repairs to improve chances of selling.
- Declutter – Get rid of items you don’t need and donate or sell them.
- Choose a marketing plan – Decide where you’ll market the property.
- Gather the paperwork – Get permits, warranty, surveys, and bills ready.
One Month Prior to a Sale
Now that you’re only a month from listing the home, you can take care of a lot of last-minute requirements. This includes staging the home and making upgrades.
- Choose a listing price – Have your agent run comps to choose a sales price.
- Begin staging the home – Start making the home look good for buyers.
- Take care of painting – Paint the walls to look fantastic in photos.
- Work on curb appeal – Make sure the lawn is in the best possible shape.
Two Weeks Before the Sale
As you get closer to listing your home, there are only a few things that still need to be done. Since you’ve already taken care of much of the work, this should be a breeze.
- Hire a photographer – Professional photographers can take pictures and make videos to help sell your home.
- Do the cleaning – Handle any last deep cleaning during these last weeks.
- Plan for showings – Think through the logistics of showings so you’re ready.
Are you planning to sell your home? Work with The Realty Group Team to get things done with ease. A member of our team will help you through the process. Contact us today to get more information on the process!